Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Plan Monday September 21-27

We are going through a major budget change and we will have lots less grocery money so here is what I am doing this week while trying to also eat healthy:

Dinners:
Monday: Cheesy Ranch Burgers, baked potatoes, green beans
Tuesday: Crockpot Brown Sugar Chili,(make double batch and freeze some for Sun.) cornbread
Wednesday: Lentil Tacos on whole wheat tortillas, salad
Thursday: Lentil and Brown Rice Casserole, steamed Broccoli
Friday: Taco Junk, salad
Saturday: Weekday Lasagna, salad, garlic toast
Sunday: Crockpot Baked Potatoes, fat free sour cream, chili (left over from Tuesday)

Note: I got a great deal on potatoes so I'm using them this week and I am going to experiment with Lentils because they are so cheap and the recipes have brown rice which I get on WIC so I can use that up too!

Breakfast: Most days I have one of these: cereal with fruit or omelets with fruit
Lunch: Soup and sandwiches most days

Go here to see more plans.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I know what it's like to eat healthy on a tight budget! Good job on preparing. I find that preparation is half the battle! Good luck!