Friday, October 16, 2009

New Recipe Friday

On Friday's, I will be sharing a new recipe I tried recently. This week I tried Sloppy Tacos(which I'll be sharing soon) and we had some baked fries with them that were awesome. I got the recipe from Chubbie Chica. My kids loved this recipe too! I do think it could use less olive oil, like 4 teaspoons. instead of 5 and still be really good. Enjoy!


Oven Fries
Serves 6 @ 3 points
2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and into 1/2 inch strip
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. sugar
5 teaspoons olive oil
1 1/2 tsp. paprika
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees; spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, 1/4 tsp. salt and the sugar and cover with cold water. Soak for 15 minutes; drain and blot dry. In another large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and paprika. Place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake, turning the potatoes over as they brown, until cooked through and crisp, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt. Divide into 6 servings!

I have also linked this recipe Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap. I found a great deal on potatoes... .99cents for a 5 lb bag. So, that's why I went looking for a potato recipe and came up with this one.

So what new recipe did you try this week?

3 comments:

Renee said...

This sounds great! We'll be trying this with dinner tonight. Have a great weekend!

Samantha said...

Yum! I love simple side dishes like this.

Renee said...

We made this over the weekend and my boys LOVED them!