Thursday, April 16, 2009

Crockpot Peking Pork

Crockpot Peking Pork Chops
24 ounces of lean boneless pork chops
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 garlic cloves mashed
1 tablespoon cornstarch
Trim excess from six, 4 ounce pork chops. Place pork chops in crock pot. Combine sugar, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup and mashed garlic and pour over pork chops. Cook on low for 6 hours or until tender. About 10 minutes before serving, turn crock pot to high, mix cornstarch with a little water and stir into sauce to thicken. Serve when thick. Servings: 6

I thought these were too gingery for my taste, but everyone ate them. They probably will not go in my keepers section of my recipes.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I've made something similar, if not the same recipe. I agree, too gingery!

thewwchick said...

This sounds really good, but I'm with ya on the ginger thing. Too much makes me feel barfy. Thanks for the recipe.