Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day and a recipes


For Father's Day, we gave DH an ice cream maker. I knew I could find some point friendly ice cream maker recipes and here is the one we used. We ate it right out of the maker and have plenty left in the freezer. It was soft serve yummy!!! We just made vanilla.

Vanilla Homemade Ice Cream
2 (14 oz) cans fat free sweetened condensed milk (12 points)
2 (1oz) box instant sugar free, fat free vanilla pudding (4 points)
10 1/2 cups fat free milk (18.5 points)
Mix all together and place in electric ice cream maker container add ice and rock salt around freezer container as directed in manufacturer's guidelines book that comes with ice cream maker, usually makes in less that 30 minutes. Will be soft serve, freeze for thicker ice cream.

For Flavored Variations add:

-----Cherry Vanilla 1 large drained jar of chopped up maraschino cherries
----Vanilla Banana Add 4 mashed up banana
----Strawberry or Peach Chop up in small pieces 1-2 cups fresh strawberries or peaches, amount depending on how fruity you want it.

Total points= 34.5 divide by number of servings(16 cups)=2 Weight Watchers points per serving!!!! You will need to add points if you use fruits. Also you can use chocolate pudding mix to make chocolate or any flavor pudding you want. this was a nice treat and I was able to control what went into my ice cream.

1 comment:

Foxy5 said...

I got an ice cream maker for Christmas and this is the same recipe I use. We've tried various pudding flavors but my recent discovery (and favorite) is Cookies n' cream pudding. Oh. it. is. good. :)
I did enjoy the banana pudding too, but my kids didn't go for it as much.
Enjoy your ice cream!