Friday, July 18, 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday- Healthy Eating Edition

Today it's time for another FIF. This week it is the Healthy Eating Edition. Well, since this blog is about my weight loss journey(I have lost over 60 pounds now!), the recipes on this blog fit into the "healthy" recipes for me. If you are interested in more of my healthy recipes, go to my side bar and click on recipes to find more that might interest you. My recipe today is for Cabbage Casserole, which is basically a lasagna without noodles. The cabbage kind of serves as the noodles. I hope you enjoy!


Cabbage Casserole
1 ½ pounds of very lean ground meat
2 medium onions chopped fine
5 cloves garlic, chopped
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 (16oz.) Can of tomato sauce
1 cup water
½ cup raw rice, not instant
8 cups of shredded cabbage
Brown beef, drain, add onion and cook till soft, add garlic, and salt and pepper, tomato sauce, and water. Bring to a simmer, add rice and cook 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Spread half of cabbage after washing, in a deep casserole dish sprayed with Pam. Cover with half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Do not stir. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 ½ hours.

Serves 6 at 6 Weight Watcher Points.

Come join me next Wednesday for my new meme, Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday, where we share healthy recipes.


For more healthy recipes, go to Overwhelmed With Joy!

1 comment:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Lorie it sounds super! Thanks for sharing.