Tuesday, August 12, 2008

RR:Barbo's Crockpot Apples

I made this last night and it was really yummy! I used the Butterscotch pudding mix. It tasted like Carmel apples! I added a tablespoon of Fat Free Cool Whip. I think this would also be a great topping for waffles or pancakes! I did not use gala apples and I think it could have used more Splenda. You could also use sugar if you were not trying to watch what you eat! :)

Barbo's Crockpot Apples
6 large Gala apples peeled, cored, sliced or coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Splenda
2 teaspoons cinnamon or to taste
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 TBSP butterscotch SF/FF pudding mix or 3 tbs. minute tapioca
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water
Mix sliced apples with sugar, cinnamon, salt and pudding until evenly coated. Put mixture in crockpot. Pour lemon juice & vanilla over apples and THEN add boiling water. Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
Makes 6 (1/2 cup) servings at 1 point each when using tapioca

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm a WW Lifetimer! I lost 86 pounds!! I bookmarked your site becasue I'm always looking for new recipes that are point friendly. Are you doing Flex or Core?

Renee said...

This sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try this out.