Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weight Watchers Week in Review

Last week we were challenged to eat 3 different colored fruits or vegetables each day. This was a pretty easy challenge for me. At weight in I lost 2.6 pounds. I was really pleased with the week. I tracked which always makes a difference for me.

Our meeting this week was about vacationing. Here were some tips that I got:
1. Vacations should be about stress relief.
2. Vacations should be about taking care of yourself.
3. Vacations are "normal days."
4. Build in snacks.
5. Tame the buffet. (Order off the menu or start with fruits and veggies first to fill up and don't forget about setpoints.)
6. Fill half plate with vegetables.
7. Enjoy special foods in moderation.
8. Sip wisely.
9. Check out new activities (get in some exercise.)

Our challenge for this week is to fill 1/2 of my plate with fruits and/or vegetables at each meal. This one seems harder, but I am going to try to do it because I know that fruits and vegetables are filling foods and will keep me fuller.

My goals:
1. Track my food.
2. Drink enough water
3. Fill 1/2 my plate with fruits and vegetables for each meal.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Way to go! Thanks for the tips.