Saturday, April 19, 2008

Diet Coke Sloppy Joes

I made this recipe tonight. I served it with corn and a salad. Everyone really enjoyed it. It is definitely on of my favs! YUMMY! I forgot to take a picture, next time I make it I will have to get one! Enjoy!
Diet Coke Sloppy Joes
1 lb. 96% lean ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon flour
1 cup diet coke
2/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons dry mustard
6 whole wheat hamburger buns
Brown beef and onion, drain well. Stir in remaining ingredients. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve on a hamburger bun.
Serves 6 , 3 WW points for meat sauce, you will have to figure out the points on the buns because that will depend on what kind you buy. I used Sara Lee Heart Healthy Whole Wheat Buns which are 2 points each, but there are some 1 point buns out there.
Note: To reduce the points to 2 you can substitute Morning Star crumbles for lean ground beef.

5 comments:

Jen said...

This looks delicious and I don't like Sloppy Joes. So, I tried the Laughing Cow Alfredo tonight and it was AWESOME!!! LOVED IT! My family gobbled it up as well. I couldn't find the Molly McButter stuff, so I just used Land O Lakes Light Butter Spread. I used the new Ronzoni Smart Taste noodles and they are so good!! They have tons of fiber, but look and taste like regular noodles! Anyways, Thank you for sharing all your recipes! I'm going to try the slow cooker Lasagna tomorrow :)

Jen said...

So, here I am again commenting away. . . BUT, just wanted to say that I made the slow cooker Lasagna today and it's FABULOUS!!! When you say generous portions, you were NOT kidding. Can't believe it's only 8 pts! YAY!

Natalie said...

this looks yummy! i can't wait to make it!!!

Natalie said...

i made these tonight and my family loved them! thanks for sharing the recipe!!!

Phil Mooney said...

Lorie - I found your sloppy joe recipe made with diet Coke and had to comment! I'm the archivist for The Coca-Cola Company and have had a blog, Coca-Cola Conversations, since January. I've put up a few recipes so far and thought you might be interested in seeing them. (I haven't figured out the Weight Watchers points for them, though!) So far, I've posted ones made with Coke, but I have some made with Minute Maid juices and some of our diet drinks. I hope you'll check out my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks -- Phil Mooney