Sunday, April 27, 2008

Twinkie Cake

I made this last night and everyone really like it. I found the reduced sugar cake mix at Walmart for $1.00. I have been trying to buy some for awhile, but they must sell out fast because they have been gone everytime I looked, but yesterday I found some. I thought it would have an aftertaste since it does have Splenda in it but it was really good! I think it really does taste like a twinkie!
Twinkie Cake
1 box Pillsbury Reduced Sugar Classic Yellow Cake
10 ounces diet lemon lime flavored cola
1-2 egg whites (optional) (I did not use them and it stayed together fine.)
8 oz. fat free cool whip
Mix the cake mix and the diet soda until well blended. Pour into a 9 X 13 sprayed pan. Cook according to the directions on the cake mix box. Let cool and then place the cool whip on top.
Makes 12 pieces at 4 WW points each or you can make 24 cupcakes at 2 WW points each.

No comments: