Friday, May 16, 2008

FIF-Weight Watchers Week

This week the theme for Favorite Ingredient Friday is WeightWatchers. I have been doing Weight Watchers since January and have lost 46.6 pounds! Here is my favorite main dish and dessert recipe!
Doritos Casserole
6 ounces Velveeta Light(I use Weight Watcher Mexican Shredded Cheese)
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning mix
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Cream of Chicken Soup, 98% fat free
1 can (11 ounces) Rotel tomatoes
6 ounces Baked Doritos, Nacho Cheese8
ounces 95% lean ground beef
Cook meat, drain and add taco seasoning. Mix the tomatoes and soup together. Then, layer meat, soup mixture, crushed Doritos, and cheese. Keep layering until done. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.Makes 6 servings, 7 WW points
---------------------------------------------------------------

We bought some strawberries and I decided to make this low point dessert! It is so easy and very yummy!

Crustless Strawberry Pie
4 cups sliced strawberries
1 small box sugar free cook & serve vanilla pudding
1 small box sugar free strawberry jello
2 cups water
1 small container cool whip free
Layer sliced berries in bottom and up sides of 9 inch pie plate or round pan. Mix pudding mix and water and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat and add dry jello mix. Let cool down some about 5 minutes. Pour over berries in pan. Put in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight to chill. Serve with fat free cool whip free add points if needed.
Special Notes
* Make sure pudding mixture is thickened enough or berries will rise to the top. The strawberries are the "crust" This is a very yummy pie!
*I served this with 1 tbsp of FF cool whip and did not even have to add points for that! This makes 8 servings at 1 point each and worth every bit of that point.
*I am going to try this with other fruits and jello flavors. To make a dreamsicle pie add Mandarin oranges instead of strawberries and orange SF/FF Jello. To make a peach pie add peaches instead of strawberries and peach SF/FF Jello. I have not figured out the points on either of these yet.
*You can also put this in a pie shell if you want, but I am telling you my family loved it without the shell.
*If you are doing the CORE program, you could add FF milk instead of water to the pudding. you can add this on FLEX too, but you have to add the points and that's a lot of points! It was really good with just the water though and I did not have to add those points!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chips Ahoy Dessert


1/2 cup fat free milk


18 reduced fat Chips Ahoy Cookies


2 cups fat free milk


1 8 oz. fat free Cool Whip


1 small box chocolate fat free, sugar free pudding mix


Pour 1/2 cup of the milk in a shallow bowl. Dip cookies in the milk very briefly and line 8 X 8 dish with them. Take 1/2 the Cool Whip and spread over cookies. Mix the chocolate pudding with 2 cups milk. Layer over top of Cool Whip. Dip next 9 cookies in the milk and lay on top of pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.Makes 9 servings, 2 WW points.

For more great Weight Watcher recipes go to Overwhelmed With Joy!

I also have a lot of the ones I have tried posted on this site, just go to the recipes label and click!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I see the Doritos recipe here and I'm gonna have to try it. It must be good b/c I see it on your menu quit a bit! I'm excited. I need to go grocery shopping and get a menu planned for the upcoming week, but I plan on including this one. YUM!

Oh and with the Chips Ahoy Dessert, it's really yummy to add just a tiny amount of Sugar Free Carmel on top of the cookie layer. DELICIOUS!! It was a total hit at our family Mother's Day get together :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good work!

Feel free to surf to my site - Slim Lipo Plus Reviews