Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thought For The Day

"If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home when trouble arrives, you can only win." -- Shelly Long
Do you want to be successful at weight loss? Don't quit. Weight loss takes time and patience. I think I repeat those words every day. Are you listening? Or do you think I must be talking to someone else?
Do you want to be successful at weight loss in the fastest time possible? Don't cheat. The closer you stay to plan the better your chances of success. Are you following the WW plan or have you adjusted it so much that it now resembles a distant cousin?
Do you want to be successful at weight loss no matter the obstacles? Don't run home in despair and bury your feelings in a gallon of ice cream. You WILL have days of discouragement and disappointment. The way you handle those emotions will impact your continued success.

You CAN win. I believe it.

3 comments:

thewwchick said...

So so so very true!!!

Natalie said...

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"...my WW leader says this all of the time but the problem is, i guess, is that i don't know what skinny feels like. hummmm. anyway, thanks for the thoughtful post!

Jen said...

This was awesome!!!! I keep telling myself that I can do it and remind myself how happy I will be and how good I'll feel about myself once I hit goal again (I've had to return back to goal for the 3rd time since I had 2 babies in b/w) and how wonderful it is to be able to fit in that next size smaller. It's also just a great feeling to not feel bad about yourself because of your weight or feel unhealthy. I'm just more motivated now after reading this :)