This week the theme of the meeting was Stages of Change.
5 Stages of Change
1. Pre-contemplation- Unaware or denying there is a problem or not seeing it as serious.
This time for me was when I was having children. I kept saying after I have all my children then I will worry about what I am eating.
2. Contemplation- Becoming aware of a need to change. Deciding to change and weighing the pros and cons.
This time for me was when I cut my finger in the kitchen and had to go get stitches and found out what my weight was and that my blood pressure was super high. This was my "wake up" call!
3. Preparation- Gathering information, equipment, supplies, learning the "how-to's", learning to weigh/measures food, journaling food etc.
This time for me started by learning everything I could about Weight Watchers online. I did it on my own for 2 months and decided I needed the meetings. I started measuring food, writing down everything I ate.
4. Action- Starting to practice helpful behaviors, recording what he/she is doing, noticing what does/doesn't work, keep practicing until it was "normal"
Most of the big changes I have made, I continue to do or they have become a lifestyle for me or "normal."
5. Maintenance- Sustaining new behaviors, (new habits) over time.
6. Relapse- Experiencing a full or partial return to previous behaviors, often accompanied by negative feelings and a return to earlier stage.
I think this happened to me at Christmas time! I let myself eat whatever I wanted for about 5 weeks and I paid for it at the scale. I am just now recovering from that mistake!
"The elevator to success is out of order. You have to use the stairs....one step at a time."
"Change comes from within."
I lost 2.8 pounds this week, which made me feel so much better.
Goals for the week
3. Eat my 5 servings of fruits and veggies!