Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Weekly Weigh-in Update

I lost 1 pound at Weght Watchers last night! Last week we talked about taking care of ourselves. We seem to do so much for others that we forget to take care of ourselves and make time for us. So, I've been thinking about this. I went for a walk on Saturday, it was the first sunny day in a long time, and cold, but I still went. Sometimes I have a hard time getting my exercise in because my dh gives me a guilt trip. I really don't know if he knows he does it but he really just wants me to stay at home and I can tell that. So, that makes it hard. We take the kids to the park and I go walking on the trail and he gets to play with the kids. He's told me before I need to play with the kids too. We have gotten them to walk with us on the trail with their scooters and they really enjoy that. So, figuring out how to get my exercise in and not feel guilty or let others make me feel guilty is hard right now.

Another thing I have really been thinking about is what kind of exercise to do. I keep hearing people say they do things like running. I just really do not ever think I will be a runner, mostly because I would never be motivated because I hate that. I love walking briskly though and it really does help me with my stress management. I think I will continue this and maybe pull out some of my Walk Away the Pounds tapes since it is getting so cold.

Goals this week:
1. Track my food- some weeks I do better than others on this, I used to never miss writing things down and I really don't know what got me out of that habit. But, I do know it is a bad habit to get out of!
2. Exercise- I need to find away to get time to myself to get this done.
3. Milk servings- I need to do better about getting in my milk servings. I bought some White Chocolate Peppermint smoothies at my weight watchers meeting this week. I used to have one of these everyday and I loved them since you can count them as 2 milk sevings if added with skim milk.
4. Water,Water,Water- Drink more!
5. Take my picture- Believe it or not, I just have not had the time to do this important thing!

6 comments:

Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greta from www.bigbottomblogger.blogspot.com said...

Nice job on the loss this week. You are getting so close to goal..that is fantastic!

I think you might need to come up with a more deliberate exercise schedule that does not interefere with family time....if that is possible. Early morning before everyone gets up, if you can swing that? Or, get a sitter 3 times a week and go then. DH might not be trying to sabotage....but he MIGHT be subconsciously. It might be best to work around that somehow. Exercise is the difference between maintaining all this hard work you have done....and maybe not maintaining it. And, it will make you feel better and stronger and fitter...and rev your metabolism.

I have never ever ever been a runner...even as a volleyball and tennis player in high school. I started running this past April (at 240 pounds) because I needed my exercise to be more efficient..more calories burned in less time. I, too, have 4 kids and I am mostly a SAHM...tho I also run a business and am studying toward a tax certification. Regardless...I needed more bang for my buck on the exercise front.

I started VERY slowly and followed the couch to 5k protocol. Walk...with 60 seconds of slow jogging...then walk again (panting like a crazy lady) and so on. It really worked. I can run pretty far now...which still astounds me. You never know if you'll love it until you try it, right?

Either way, tho...it sounds like you need some more YOU time for exercise....be it walking, jogging, weights, whatever. How can you do that? What would make sense for you to be able to work in an hour or two of exercise 3-4 times a week? Be creative. Some can be with kids...some without. You could take the kids to a track field (school) nearby and let them play in the middle while you do laps (we do that sometimes...I take toys for them). Be creative! Work it in somehow. :) Cheering for you!

Carolyn said...

Good job on the loss this week! I have my weigh-in tonight. If you're at all interested in running (whether you think you're one or not) I suggest the Couch to 5K program.

Moi said...

Great job on the loss. Don't feel guilty about taking time for you (I know, so easier said than done). It does need to be a balance but in the end a happy mommy leads to a happy home.

Ellura said...

congrats on the loss! I wouldn't feel too bad about walking. it is a great exercise and it looks like it is working for you. But of course, that doesn't mean you can't change your mind. Keep up the great weight loss!

Jen said...

You inspire me!!! Keep it up!!!