Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- October5-October 11

This week I am trying something new. On Monday's I'll post my menu and then on Tuesday's I'll show you how much I spend at the grocery store. We have decided to budget $120 a week for groceries, but some week's may be a little more and others may be a little less. I have a family of 6 to feed. I think planning is key to making that happen. It seems really hard to eat healthy meals and spend less at the grocery. So, here's my attempt. My kids are home this week on Fall break, so I have to plan more food because they usually eat those meals at school. We also are celebrating my dh's 40th birthday this week.

Dinners
Tuesday- Headstart Family Fun Night (I'm bringing Pickles and Chips)
Wednesday- Lentil Tacos, Spanish Rice, Corn
Thursday- Soup beans(made with ham bouillon), Sauerkraut with Lite Hot Dogs, cornbread
Friday- Sloppy Joe Casserole, Corn, fruit
Saturday- Spaghetti and Meatballs, Low-Fat Bread Machine Italian Bread(made into bread sticks), salad, Red Velvet Cake with cream cheese icing, vanilla ice cream (This is the meal my dh picked for his birthday: I might be using my 35 weekly points for this meal)
Sunday- Crispy Chicken Drumsticks, green beans, baked potatoes, rolls

Breakfast
Monday-Eggbeaters Omelet, English Muffin, fruit
Tuesday-Eggbeaters Omelet, English Muffin, fruit
Wednesday-Bagels with light cream cheese, yogurt
Thursday- Heart Smart Waffles, sausage links, (kids will eat with homemade syrup)
Friday-Biscuits and sausage, yogurt (I'm having same as Monday)
Saturday-Heartsmart Pancakes, bacon, (kids and dh will eat with homemade syrup)
Sunday-Cereal, yogurt, fruit

Lunch
Monday-Sandwich on Arnold's Sandwich Thins, fruit
Tuesday-Sandwich on Arnold's Sandwich Thins, fruit
Wednesday- Grilled Cheese, Tomato Soup, fruit
Thursday- Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches (for kids), Sun Chips (For me: Boca Burger on Arnold's Sandwich Bread instead of P&B sandwich, fruit)
Friday-Grilled Cheese, Chicken Noodle Soup, fruit (Weight Watchers Progresso Soup for me instead of Chicken noodle soup)
Saturday-Sandwiches, Sun Chips
Sunday-Leftovers
*I made my dh some homemade bread in the bread maker and he is eating that with some soup this week.


Snacks
Chex Party Mix, String Cheese, Fat Free Rice Krispie Treats, air popped popcorn, granola bars
Come back and see how my shopping went.


Go here to see more plans.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like your family is going to have some terrific meals this week.
I love MPM especially since my husband and I lost our jobs. I'm looking for inexpensive and healthy meals for our family of three.
Well, gotta get back to the laundry and "Law and Order".