I tried to get on here yesterday, but my computer would not let me log in to any site. I finally found that the problem was K9, a program that helps us protect my son when he is on the computer.
This week we talked about being successful. Successful people don't quit. so, the next time you feel like quitting remember you won't be successful if you do. We reviewed the Habits of Highly Effective Members. These are found in the Weight Watchers book 3. There is a quiz in there to help you know which ones you need to work on. I took the test the first time with the Flex Plan and since being on Weight Watchers for awhile, I took it again when I got my new book 3 for the Momentum Plan. Here are some that we reviewed and how I am working on them.
Habits of Highly Successful Members
1. Ask for help-I feel like I am okay on this habit. I know what I am not doing. I try to keep myself around motivating people and that helps me too.
2. Learn from experience- Maybe I need to take some time to reflect on what was working in the past to stop the yo-yoing? I know what I was doing in the past worked, so I need to rely on that.
3. Manage your environment- With kids this is kind of hard for me. I have tried really hard though, to surround us all with healthier food choices. The whole family eats the same dinner as I eat. My kids and dh have been wanting foods that I have stayed away from like macaroni and cheese, and other things. But I think I have done pretty well in this area.
4. Manage your feelings- I know that I need to work on this one. I do sometimes eat for my feelings and I need to watch this one more.
5. Manage your thoughts- We talked a lot about this one. Trade negative thoughts for positive ones. Sometimes I say, I'll never reach my goal it seems too big. I need to look more at all of the positive stuff that I have accomplished.
6. Monitor yourself- I do pretty good with this. I love counting points and writing down what I eat. There have been a few days when I do so good and then just mess up at night and not write it all down.
7. Prepare yourself- I feel pretty good about this one. I try really hard to plan my menus and know ahead of time what I am going to eat. If I go out to eat, I like to know what I am going to get before going. I think this has been one of the key things that has helped me stay successful- PLANNING!
8. Take care of yourself- As a mother of 4, I often neglect taking care of myself. This is one I know I need to work on.
After taking the quiz this time here are the areas I need to work on:
Taking care of yourself was my highest (which was also the same as the last time I took it) Managing your feelings was second, and Managing my environment was third.
I am so frustrated right now. I see change, but I don't see it on the scale. I have been fighting to get out of the 240's since last October. Now I get to 244 only to go back to 248. I did not eat all of my points several days last week after getting a tooth out and having some problems with it. But, it just still kills me. I want to do better this week, but I have this cold and I just can't breathe! I have had times that I have gained that much only to lose like 5-7 pounds the next week, so I really do not know what is going on. I have not seen 244 since I went to the hospital with my little girl and now it starts creeping up again. I only gained 1.2 pounds this week, but somehow I am creeping back up again. The biggest thing that I can't get back in a routine with is exercise and I know that is what is preventing me from being as successful as I can so I really need to work on this. I just need to get over this nasty cold. My poor nose is so raw from wiping so much and nothing is really helping to get the congestion to go away. Yesterday, I just felt like eating all day. Why do we want to eat when we are sick? Maybe comfort? I took a picture after my last meeting though that I feel shows I am still losing, but I know in my heart that I am just not doing so well. I have had a lot going on the past two months, but I want some results. Right now I do not feel very successful so this was a good meeting for me. I just wish I felt well enough to do something about it!
1. Take care of myself this week so I can get better.
2. Try to add exercise in this week. (I say try because right now I can't breathe)
3. If I recognize that I am eating for a feeling, I will go write about it in my journal instead of eating or if I already ate it write about what made me eat it and how I can stop doing that.
4. I want to have a good week and lose at least 2 pounds, but we shall see.
5. Read the new Weight Watchers Magazine that I bought at the meeting and write a review of at least one article that impressed me.