Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meeting Notes and Weekly Goals

Well, it's Tuesday again, the day I go weigh in and get some information that usually motivates me. I had a bad week. I had a bad cold and could not breathe so that made exercise hard. Oh, here I go with an excuse but that's really true. I stayed the same this week. Which is okay by me! I just really want to lose some weight this week! I needed a good meeting and that's what I got.

This week was on Tracking. Our leader started off showing us her calendar for March. It is already filled in for almost everyday. She said she had to write down what she had to do or she would never remember. That's kind of like what tracking our food is for us. We track our food for several reasons or advantages.

Advantages for tracking food
1. Limits amounts of food you eat.
2. Increases awareness of both eating and activity.
3. Helps you stay accountable.
4. Gives you valuable feedback.
5. Helps explain what happens at the scale.
6. Gives you a history of success.

We then talked about the different ways to track. Weight Watchers provides us with a lot of them including the paper tracker you get at meetings, the 3 month journal, the points calculator, the new points clicker, and e-tools. All of these track in different ways. I favor tracking what I ate by writing it down. Some prefer to just use the calculator or the new clicker.
We then talked about alternatives to tracking. Personally, I never tried the CORE program, so I can't give any advice about it, but the new Simply Filling Technique is suppose to be a lot like that program.

Simply Filling Technique in 3 Simple Steps
1. Eat simply filling foods.
2. Eat portions that feel right.
3. Use your weekly points allowance.

Simply Filling:
Keeps you feeling satisfied longer between meals.
Prevents you from overeating.
Helps you lose weight.

Someone also gave the pumpkin fluff recipe. I have had this and it is really good. I like it with gingersnap cookies.

Pumpkin Fluff
15oz can pumpkin
1 pkg. fat-free sugar-free vanilla instant pudding mix
1 c. skim milk
8 oz. container Cool Whip Free, thawed
2 tsp. pumpkin spice
Using a mixer, blend pumpkin with dry pudding mix and milk. Fold in Cool Whip. Chill.
Serves 6
Nutrition Information: 116 cal., 0.3 fat, 2.9 fiber

Our leader ended with these quotes: "The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.
and
"Monitor yourself....Improve.

Goals for this week
1. Stay on points
2. Exercise.........
3. Be positive.
4. Try to get out of the slump that I am in!!!!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I love that you posted all of that. There are lots of good things in it for all of us to hear. I know I needed to be reminded to track my food intake. I had been doing it up until about a week ago, and then I got lazy about it. This inspires me to get back on track.
Thanks :)
ps. You will get out of your slump

Jen said...

Thanks for this! I too am in a slump AGAIN! I need to get back to tracking and I'm really thinking I'm gonna start heading back to the meetings and weigh ins. Helps keep me accountable since I'm not keeping myself accountable on my own, dang it!

Anonymous said...

Very nice tips. Thanks for sharing!
Weight Watchers Points Calculator