Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crazy Crust Pizza

This recipe was really good. The reason it's called Crazy Crust is because you put all you toppings except sauce and cheese into the batter . The crust is very thin and more of a batter so don't be scared if that happens. I made mine in a 12 inch round pizza pan and it worked fine. You need a pan that has sides. My pampered chef round stone would not work because it does not have anything to keep the batter in the pan. Some people online recommend using a half sheet pan that is 10x15. You can play around with this pizza and add any toppings you like, just make sure you refigure the points. My kids liked it but thought it was too spicy, so next time I think I will leave out the black pepper in the crust all together. I only added the pepperoni to the kid pizza or they probably would not have eaten it. I also thought that the cooking times were too long, so I recommend watching it until you figure out how long it takes in your oven. My oven was about 5 minutes less for both cooking times. On both pizzas, the sides of the dough came up when the crust cooked and made like an area to put your cheese and sauce in kind of crazy like, maybe another reason it's called crazy. Overall this was good and we will make it again.
Note: In the picture, I took it out of my pizza pan after it cooked and put it on my pampered chef round stone and then took a picture. I cooked it in a 12 inch round pizza pan and only had one so I was cooking the other. So know it was not cooked on that stone, the batter will run off the sides.

Crazy Crust Pizza

Dough:
1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
1 tsp table salt
1 tsp McCormick Oregano leaves
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup(s) Egg Beaters Egg Beaters
2/3 cup(s) fat-free skim milk

Toppings (can substitute)
17 slice(s) Hormel Pillow Pack Turkey Pepperoni
1 cup(s) mushroom(s)
1 cup(s) pizza sauce
1 cup(s) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim pizza cheese on mine)
1/4 cup(s) onion(s), chopped
In a small bowl, combine batter ingredients until smooth. Pour into greased and dusted 14" pizza pan (or sheet pan of similar size). Tilt pan so that batter covers bottom. Arrange toppings and bake at 425 for 25-30 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown. Remove from oven and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and return to oven for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is hot.
Serves 8 at 3 points per piece
Serves 4 at 5 points per piece

3 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

You always find such great things to make! Come over to my house right now! Please? I need something low-points and easy for chicken tonight. It never ends, does it?

Moi said...

Oooohhhh, yummy, yummy. And I have been craving some pizza. Thanks

wahabe said...

Oooohhhh, yummy, yummy. And I have been craving some pizza. Thanks
http://healthyinworld.blogspot.com/