Thursday, January 21, 2010

Wendy's No Bake Peanut Butter Bars

I have had this recipe for a long time in my "recipes to try" folder. I am so glad I finally tried it! They are really good. I had a hard time with them sticking together, but if you leave them in the refrigerator for the 1 hour they stick fine, although that will be hard, because you will want to eat them! I made them into squares but you could alo make them more like bars, kind of like a granola bar. Thank goodness I had kids to help me eat these. They are so yummy! This is a treat though since they are 4 points each. I don't know how many points one is but I would guess 2. When you cut them into 24 pieces you still get a pretty nice piece if you decide to only eat one.

Wendy's No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars
3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup honey
3 tablespoons light butter, stick
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups bran buds, I used Kellogg's All Bran
Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, and butter in a large pan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add the cereals and stir well to coat. Spoon the cereal mixture into the baking pan. Cover with wax paper or plastic wrap and gently press to form an even layer. Let cool completely. Refrigerate, covered, until firm (at least 1 hour). Uncover and cut into 24 bars.
Note: I cut mine into 12 bars(4 points each)as pictured above
Serving size: 2 bars per person (24 bars at 4 points per serving)
From: Weight Watchers Magazine July/August 2008
per serving 2 bars ; 210 calories, 8g fat, 7g fiber

1 comment:

Weight Watcher Wannabe said...

Oh my word...... Going to try this one on Sunday as well.... Thanks for posting it.....