Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Valentine's Treat

I made this for my family and we had it after dinner. They all loved it and did not even know it was diet, well dh did but he still ate it all. I also did not have foil liners, I just used paper liners and they worked fine. I saw this several places on the web. Some suggested using a product called Better N Peanut Butter. I did not see that at my grocery though? If you use that these are only 1 point. These are a refreshing treat!
~
1 (8 oz.) Container Fat Free Cool Whip
1/3 Cup Reduced Fat Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Hershey's Light Chocolate Syrup
~
Line a 12 cupcake pan with foil liners. Combine 1 Cup of cool whip with the peanut butter with a whisk. Fold in remaining cool whip. Divide the mixture into the liners evenly (approx. 2 1/2 tablespoons each). Top each cup with 1 teaspoon of chocolate syrup. Freeze. After frozen, remove from pan and place in a freezer bag or container. These are best eaten with a spoon.
~
Serves: 12Per Serving: 73 Calories; 2g Fat (29.4% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 51mg Sodium.
WWP: 2

4 comments:

Patty said...

Lorie, I made these the other night. (I saw them on your meal plan for the week) What kind of chocolate syrup did you use? I used Hersheys, and it didn't get hard in the freezer. It was all gooey and messy. Were yours that way?

Lorie said...

I used Hershey's and they did freeze?

Lorie said...

Also, If I can find another brand I would use it because I did not like the taste of the Hershey's, you had to eat it all together not to get that harsh flavor? But Patty, yes mine froze. I made them in the morning and froze them until dinner. They were so frozen that the kids had a hard time cutting through them so yes they did freeze well. How long did you leave yours in the freezer Patty?

Becky said...

They sound yummy!