Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Buttermilk Pancakes

Buttermilk Pancakes
~
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
~
1.Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Measure the milk and add the eggs to the milk.
3. Pour wet into dry and mix.
4. Some lumps okay.
5. Cook on nonstick griddle.
6. Flip when bubbles appear.
Use approximately 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
Calories 214, Fat 2.8, Fiber 1.1; 4 WW points per servings
Makes 6 servings
UPDATE: I made these for breakfast and they are really good and very easy to make! The recipe does not say fat free milk but based on the fat content, I really think that is what you need to use. I also got 13 pancakes from this batter using 1/4 cup batter per pancake so I think that 2 pancakes would be a serving at 4 ww points per serving. I used Log Cabin Lite Reduced Calories syrup. It had was 2 WW points per serving. They do make a sugar free pancake syrup but I really did not like that and I LOVE the Lite! We will occasionally make this in my house because it is a higher point breakfast but it is really good, when you need a sugar fix!

2 comments:

Mimi's Toes said...

Looks yummy...I like to go to Bob Evan's and order 1 large blueberry pancake with sugar free surup and 2 slices of crisp bacon. I can't remember how many points, but not many. That is if you like to go out to eat for breakfast once in a while.

Becky said...

I love buttermilk pancakes to I'll have to give these a try.