Friday, January 25, 2008

Hot Dogs and Lunch

Yesterday I did cook dinner, but we did not eat it, so I was planning to eat it for lunch. It was really good cola chicken! The recipe is in the next post. Well, I went searching for lunch for the kids today, I have had my older son home every day this week because of the weather and he is about to eat up all the twins snacks! I found a package of hot dogs and cooked them. The kids loved them. I knew that I had the cola chicken, but man the hot dogs smelled so good! I really wanted one. Well, I went to see how much one hot dog would be. 6 points for 1 hot dog with a bun. Ack! I really wanted one! I knew though that 1 would lead to me wanting another. 2 is what I usually eat. So, I decided not to do it, but I really want it. I decided to eat the 4 point chicken and make myself some 0 point Progresso soup so that I could get some veggies. Veggies are more important than hot dogs right? I have tried the turkey dogs but I really do not like them. So, how do you all do it with kids? Trying to stick to your diet but having to cook for them too? I am still dreaming about that hot dog. Can you gain weight just dreaming about a food? LOL!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

LOL, I can smell that hot dog from here!!!!! LOL Hmmm must be cuz I am hungry!! haha
Good job resisting it. I actually like the tofu hot dogs, seriously they are good!! :)

Katie said...

Good job on not giving in to the temptation!!