Thursday, January 3, 2008

You have a Decision....

I remember before my twins were born, I read Dr. Phil's Diet plan book. The first sentence was, "You have a decision to make." I made a decision to lose weight then. I did so good! I lost 35 pounds. Then one day I got so sick! A few days later, I found out I was pregnant with twins. Well, about three years later, I have a new baby and I weigh more than I ever have in my life. My mother was always overweight. When I was in middle school, she had a gastric bypass and she lost a lot of weight, but she still has some side effects from that surgery that she will always live with! So, really for me that has never been an option. I have had a weight problem all of my life. I remember not getting to do so many things because I was not in the in crowd! I know I HAVE to lose the weight. I really have been trying to figure out what would help me get in the groove and make the decision to lose weight again and I found it the other day when visiting blogs. I learned about a Biggest Loser contest that Tammy was doing. So, I guess I got the inspiration to start this blog and this diet from her. Thanks Tammy! I would have joined them but money is so tight right now that I really do not think that would be possible. So, I am going on my own and using this blog to help me. I really need some cheerleaders out there! So, feel free to visit me. I am going to put stuff on here, including recipes as I make my journey to shrink myself. Another reason I am starting this weight loss journey is because about a month and a half ago, I cut my finger and had to go to the doctor and get it glued and a sling put on it. While I was there, I learned that my blood pressure was extremely high! I am taking some blood pressure medicine now and I really want to get off of it and I think that losing the weight will help me lower it. I also have 4 beautiful children that I want to be around to see grow up. Right now I look like that very fat woman in my header and I want to look like that small woman woman and shrink myself! I want to be able to tell my dh, "Honey, I shrank myself!"
So, I am starting on Monday and I can't be more excited!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Lorie, I am sooo proud of you!!! I think it takes a strong woman to lose weight and keep it off, I know you are one of those women!! You can do it!! And I will be one of your cheerleaders!! You go girl!! :) I wish you could join biggest loser!! BUT, there is losers in all of us, and we will shine!! :)

Renee said...

I'll definitely be a cheerleader for you! Way to go!!