Friday, March 21, 2008

Fitness on Friday

So, Natalie at Bye Bye Fat Mom is doing a meme on Fridays about our weight loss journey and we can check in for some accountability.
Here is mine for this week:
This week was my first time being sick since I started trying to loss weight in January. I have had a hard time getting back into exercising, cleaning the house or just anything. I am still dragging from this flu. I was told it could last up to three weeks. So, I thought that would really hurt me, but I lost another 4.8 pounds at my Weight Watcher meeting weigh in on Tuesday. So, I still lost. :) I have now lost over 30 pounds! Hot Herbal tea has been one of my passions this week and I drank a lot of it and it made me feel better! I also tried the Peanut Butter Bliss bars from Weight Watchers and they are just like there name says bliss and only 1 point! I also tried a new recipe that I got from Weight Watchers and my kids LOVED it so I will leave you with the recipe.


Pizza Cups
~
1 can reduced-fat biscuit dough
1 1/4 c. pizza sauce
5 oz. reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. onions, chopped
1/4 c. green bell pepper, chopped
20 slices turkey pepperoni
~
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin pan with Pam. Flatten biscuits between palms. Pat onto bottom and up sides of muffin pan. Spoon 2 Tbsp. pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle onions and green peppers into each cup. Sprinkle the tops with cheese. Bake for 15 minutes or until biscuits are brown and cheese is bubbly.
2 Weight Watcher Points each.
Note: You can add pretty much any pizza topping to these, just make sure you count the points. I make my kids with stuff I know they like. This recipe makes you feel like you are cheating! Really good!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad I found your blog! I do WW too and those pizza's look awesome!!! I'm SO excited to make these!!! CONGRATS on losing over 4 pounds! That's incredible to lose that in a week not to mention you being sick!! AWESOME!!!!

Natalie said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Those pizza cups sound yummy!