Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Here's my new progress chart!

That red line is where I am heading for my 10%! The red star is for my first 5 pounds, but really I have lost 8.2 pounds since going to WW, so I am getting close to my additional 5 points star! Sounds like grade school doesn't it? Very little weight was lost at this meeting which I am assuming is because of Easter. Many people even opted out of weighing in which I did not know was even an option. So, I feel good about my 3.6 pound loss! I also go down to 36 points per day. This week we went over monitoring yourself and how important it was to count every bite, lick, and taste. I asked how you do this and people thought I was crazy! But how do you give a points value to a bite, lick or taste? It was a reasonable question, I thought? The answer I got was to aim higher with your points when you actually eat the item. Like, if I was eating my Deep Dish Pizza Casserole instead of 6 points a serving, I should add a point to count for my bites, licks, or taste. I think I will just have to stop taking those "BLT" 's! When monitoring yourself, you need to pay attention to weight changes, progress with exercise, when you eat, when you snack, how well you follow the 8 HG, portion sizes, helpful habits(I have not learned about these yet they are in my new book 3), body measurements/size (sometimes you will not have an ounces change but an inches change), and eating triggers. Overall a really good lesson! We got off track a bit talking about desserts. Different combinations of cake mixes and different combinations of diet pops make wonderful low point cakes. Also for frosting, it was recommended to mix fat free cool whip with fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding and refrigerate it. We are suppose to get a list of things you can do with an Angel Food Cake mix next week so I will share that with you when I get it.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Lorie- you are inspirational! Way to go!!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Melissa Davis said...

Sounds like a great meeting. You are doing so well Lorie! Be very proud of yourself!

Mimi's Toes said...

You are doing awesome girl...I need some of your will power again. I went up a few pounds over Easter but am taking it back off this week. I know what to do, I just need to plan my meals better.