Friday, July 11, 2008

Fitness on Friday Weekly Update and Part of my Story

**If you are looking for WWWEW scroll down!**
Well, I went to my weekly weigh in last night and it was good news for me! I lost 2.8 pounds! That makes a 60.8 pound loss for me this year!!!! I really NEVER thought I could do it. I guess that's why they say, "Never say Never."

I remember when I was a County Extension Agent, we would go to lots of conferences. One in particular stands out to me. I can't remember what it was called but our State Representative was a part of it and her niece went. I remember talking to this woman (the niece)and she was wonderful. She told all of us that she had lost 100 pounds by doing Weight Watchers. Why did I not listen then? I could be so much closer to my goal! I remember wishing I could do what she had done but thinking, it will never happen. I guess I had a bad image in my mind about Weight Watchers and never even considered joining it. I really think people must come to a place where they are ready to make a change. People would talk to me about my weight, but it just made me mad that they said something. I felt kind of lost as to what to do about my weight and them telling me did not really help. I had to have a "moment" where I was ready! I think that is one of the things that has helped me stay focused. I know I need and must do this now! So, if you think you can NEVER do it, you won't! You have to have a change there to, you have to be positive! That is the only way you will get to your goal.

I set a HUGE goal to lose 100 pounds as a New Year's resolution this year. If you follow my blog, you will know that I started because I hurt my finger and had to go to the doctor to get stitches. I learned at that visit that my blood pressure was extremely high! So, I knew I had to do something about my weight problem. It was Christmas time and I knew I would not be successful until the holidays were over, so I waited and ate way too many sweets over the holidays! I remember going to a Christmas party and not being able to sit in the chair, actually I remember not being able to sit in a lot of chairs. Dh has a picture of me at that Christmas party I am talking about and while I hated it then, I am glad I have that picture now. I went back to another doctor before the holidays were over and she recommended Weight Watchers to me. I had never really thought about it as an option before then. I knew I would never be able to join because I had no money. I was so determined to get the weight off that I researched online and started doing what I "thought" was Weight Watchers on my own. I lost 8 pounds my first week and knew this was working for me and what I needed so bad! I also found a LOT of blog friends to help me along the way! That was probably one of the best things I ever did! I lost about 25 pounds and then I felt like I really wanted to go to a Weight Watchers meeting to get the materials. I decided to take some of our income tax money and use it to join Weight Watchers.(Now dh says he will find the money somewhere, he has been working extra because he wants me to succeed.) I felt so lost at that first meeting, but as usual, I did talk. That was probably because I had already been doing WW on my own. I found out that I was not doing the right points, I was way too low, and that there was such a thing as the 8 Healthy Guidelines. I was scared to eat more points, but I still lost weight that week! Now I have lost 60.8 pounds and to reach my goal of 100 pounds by Christmas I need to lose an average of 1.8 pounds a week in the next 22 weeks. I really think I can do it. I know it is a HUGE goal, but I have to stay positive and try. I won't be overly upset if I don't reach it, but 39 pounds seems so much more manageable to me after what I have been through! I have to quit thinking I can NEVER do it and just work to do it! I have to push on!!!

Note: Oh and by the way after that I need to push on some more and lose some more but right now I am only focusing on 100 pounds.
For more Fitness on Friday Updates go to Byebye Fat Mom!

5 comments:

mom_of2boys said...

You rock! I love reading your successes! You are doing awesome. I wish I had the money to join Weight Watchers. Like you had done, I'm trying to follow the program as I know it (limited information from friends). Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this post! :) It is so encouraging for *me*! :) I am so happy for you!!!!!

I ♥ WW!

Anonymous said...

you are such an encouragement, I know you can do it, we are with you!!

Mimi's Toes said...

I am in awe again this morning reading this weight loss. OMG...you are doing AWESOME,SUPER,EXCELLENT,TERRIFIC,SPLENDID,SPECTACULAR,UNBELIEVABLE....words can't describe it girl.
You are inspiring me to get back to Weight Watchers and get the rest of this baggage I am carrying. I too had a blood pressure problem and my knees were hurting from the extra weight. Thank you Thank you a million times over for this Blog you created. I am giving you a HUGE Ciberspace hug!!!
p.s. I am an onion ring nut...I will try this.

Katie said...

You have done so great! You are a huge inspiration!