Monday, July 21, 2008

Motivation...

This blog has really helped me get into this weight loss journey. I really never thought about me helping others though through this blog when I started it. I get about one e-mail a day about this blog and someone wanting help in their weight loss journey. Several people have ask me how I stay so motivated. Well, some days I feel motivated and some days I don't, lol! I think though that I know I have to do this and that is my biggest motivation! I want to be healthy and I want to be here for my 4 kids. I want to be the best mother I can to them! I need to be healthy to do that! I also think that people have be ready to start on a healthy journey. I know a lot of people would try to tell me I need to lose the weight, but guess what, I never listened and it made me mad and took me in the wrong direction anyways. So, I think that being a good example and eating healthy is the best way to help someone out who you think needs to lose weight. Anyways, back to motivation. I think I have made this a game. Weight Watchers makes it like a game to me with counting points. I like to try new recipes and that helps me to stay motivated too. It has to be FUN! I have learned a lot about myself through this journey! I learned that I have a problem with food. I have never been addicted to drugs, but I was addicted to food! With the help of Weight Watchers and my Heavenly Father, I have learned to deal with that addiction! Yes, I said my Heavenly Father! Prayer has really helped me to stay focused in this journey. I ask for help from my Heavenly Father EVERY day. I know I could not do this alone! I also get support from my family and friends. That helps keep me motivated too! Just a good comment from someone makes me feel like I am making progress and makes me feel good and keeps me motivated! My dh has been one of my biggest supporters! It has been really hard for him to make the lifestyle changes that I have made, but now he is losing weight too! One last thing that keeps me motivated is GOALS. I set long term and short term goals, again this makes it like a game. I get so excited when I am getting ready to reach a new goal. I also have a list of 5 reasons that I want to lose weight that I repeat to myself each day to help me stay focused and keep me motivated. So, basically I have rambled but I think those are some of the ways I stay focused. Oh and I almost forgot visiting other peoples weight loss blogs helps me too!
So, how do you all stay motivated?

2 comments:

Angi said...

I am struggling with this now. I have 25 lbs. that I really need to lose to be back at my "healthy", feel good about myself, look better weight. But I am so unmotivated. I KNOW to lose the weight I will have to start exercising - which I will have to work to fit in my schedule. It's also more difficult meal wise - because I have to plan - which is not something I do well. I'm not much help on the motivating you part, but reading your blog is helping me to start thinking about getting on my knees asking my BFF Jesus to help me with this . . . .

thewwchick said...

You're so awesome, L! You're so right about the power of prayer. Our bodies are temples. So let's start treating them that way. :)