Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday Picnic Edition

Week #4 of Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday is picnic recipes, I am excited to see your recipes. Remember to link to your blog by signing Mr. Linky and putting your recipe name in parentheses like this, Lorie (KFC Cole Slaw Clone). Come back next week for any recipe goes edition. Here you can find the upcoming themes so you can plan ahead. If you can't find a theme related recipe just post something don't feel bad. Sharing is what this meme is all about!
Now onto my recipe. This taste a lot like the KFC Cole Slaw!

KFC Cole Slaw Clone
8 cup cabbage, all varieties
1/4 cup carrot(s), finely chopped
2 Tbsp onion(s), finely chopped (minced)
1/3 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
1/2 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup fat-free skim milk
1/4 cup Kraft Miracle Whip Non-Fat Salad Dressing
1 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, canned or bottled (If you use an actual lemon, don't use as much, it will taste very sour.)
Use Dole Cole Slaw mix or just a regular head of cabbage, and add 2 Tbsp onion and 1/4 cup chopped carrots. I use a hand chopper to chop the slaw mix a little finer. Mix remaining ingredients together to make a dressing and pour over slaw mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 8 at 1 Weight Watchers point per serving




5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I have to try this - I love KFC Cole Slaw!

thewwchick said...

mmmmmmmm.....cole slaw

Betsy said...

Posted before I saw the theme and I don't know what happened to my link.

Jen said...

I love this meme! I really am so happy you came up with this so we can all get great new recipes!

Anonymous said...

I love coleslaw, I have to try it too