Friday, July 25, 2008

The Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap

Gayle from The Grocery Cart Challenge is hosting a Recipe Exchange on Fridays. This week is all about dinners that you go to when it is the last night before you go grocery shopping. Here is a meal that is easy to throw together and even the kids like to help make. I have been doing Weight Watchers since January and have lost 61 pounds! My family eats the same dinners as I do because I just don't have enough money to make separate meals. I have been able to find recipes that they will eat and I can too. I usually have plenty of biscuits on hand to make these and you can add anything you want and have on hand. I have even made them just with cheese. You could also add any leftover meats you have like chicken, steak etc. This is the meal my kids most ask for meals too! :)

Pizza Cups
1 can buttermilk biscuits (sm. 10 count kind)
10 TB pizza sauce
2 ounces Weight Watchers Mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
20 slices turkey pepperoni, chopped
Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin pan with Pam. Chop veggies & turkey pepperoni. Flatten biscuits between palms, then pat into bottom and up sides of muffin pan. Spoon a TB of pizza sauce into each cup. Sprinkle pepperoni, onions and peppers evenly into each cup. Top with cheese, then bake for 14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
(You could easily add or substitute your favorite toppings just be sure to add points if necessary.)
Serves 10, 2 Weight Watchers Points each.

Come join me next Wednesday for my meme, Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday, where we share healthier recipes.
~
To see more Grocery Cart Challenge Recipes go here!

8 comments:

Terri said...

Sounds very yummy!

I'm gonna give it a try. Sounds good for me and fun for my kiddos.

Great job witht he WW!

-Terri

Gayle said...

I am so impressed with your weight loss. This is a great idea that I'm sure my kids will especially love!

TEXAUS MOMMA said...

This sounds like fun! I have 4 kiddos who all love pizza....

Narelle

Totallyscrappy said...

We make a similar dish with ground beef, onions and bbq sauce... topped with a little cheese, of course. I know my crowd would love the pizza version.

Unknown said...

mmm...theese look yummy! I have made something similar with BBq hamburg. hubby loved it..>Ill have to try this one out! Check out my recipe I posted!

April said...

mmm, we might have to try these for lunch

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

What a fun idea- pizza in a muffin tin! :)

Blessings,
Michele
www.frugalgranola.blogspot.com

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

They sound good.