Sunday, July 27, 2008

Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday


Welcome to Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday! I am putting this up early because I am not going to be on the computer this week. I am taking a week away from the computer. See here why. So this week is share any recipe. Next week is lightened desserts edition. Here you can find the upcoming themes so you can plan ahead. If you can't find a theme related recipe just post something don't feel bad. Sharing is what this meme is all about!
Here is my recipe, we made it this week and I did not take a picture, sorry. It is super yummy and my kids loved it!
Corn Dog Casserole
1 cup finely chopped minced celery (I did not add this)
1/4 cup diced sweet onion
1 (8 pack) Ballpark Fat Free Hot Dogs
14 oz Hormel Turkey Chili, no beans
1 (8.5 oz.) Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg white
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 oz. shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray skillet with butter flavor cooking spray. Saute celery and onion for 5 minutes. Slice hot dogs into thin discs and add to skillet. Cook over med-high heat for 5-7 minutes. Add turkey chili and heat through. Spray 11 X 7 pan with cooking spray. Pour skillet contents into pan. Top with cheese. Combine muffin mix, egg white, milk, water, and pepper; pour over hot dog mixture. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Makes 6 servings
349 Calories, 11g fat, 3g fiber

5 comments:

Renee said...

Great recipe!! I am amazed at how wonderful all of these recipes are and that they are healthy. My husband is going to love this recipe. Have a wonderful week!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Stephanie said...

Hi Lorie, I found your blog from Renee's blog and I am so inspired by your 61 lb loss. I have been thinking about going back to WW but we just moved and it is so far away so I've been trying to find good WW recipes on my own. Do you post WW points with all your recipes? I haven't unpacked my points calculator yet. Well, keep up the HARD work, I'll be a regular on your blog now.

Stephanie said...

PS I do have a few WW recipes on my blog that I don't see on your blog. Just look for the labels on the right side and I have one for WW recipes. I hope to try your recipes soon. I'll be linking your blog on my cooking blog if that's okay. I've already told a friend about your site.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Hubby will love this recipe - Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Lorie,
Made the corn dog casserole for my family last night and they LOVED it, especially my DD who is doing the WW program. This one is definitely "a keeper". Thanks!