Saturday, June 14, 2008

RR: Oriental Cole Slaw

Oriental Cole Slaw
Serving Size : 12 (3/4 cup each) @ 3 Weight Watchers POINTS® each
(My points were 2 without the almonds)
1 package beef flavored Ramen noodles (I used a 35% less sodium packet)
1 large package coleslaw mix
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 bunch green onions -- thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced almonds (I did not add these, taste great without)
Break noodles into pieces and mix with coleslaw, sunflower seeds, onions, and almonds in a large bowl. Combine ingredients for dressing in a cruet. Pour over vegetable mixture.

Dressing
2 T oil
½ c water
½ flavor packet from noodles
2 T cider vinegar
¼ c sugar or Splenda (I used Splenda)
RR: This was really good. Dh really liked it and it is low in points too! Kids did not really care for it, but I loved it! I also have been told that there is a low fat version of Ramen noodles out but I could not find them.

No comments: