Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday Fruits Edition


Today Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday is all about fruit! I picked fruit for our first theme because there is so much fruit in our WWWEW banner. Next week you can pick any recipe you want. Here you can find the upcoming themes so you can plan ahead.

Just go post your fruit themed recipe on your blog and come back here and click on Mr. Linky to link up. When you put your link in, please put the recipe name in parentheses like this Lorie (Apple Pie Enchiladas). That's it I can't wait to see all of your fruit recipes! And come back next week to share a recipe of your choice!

I would also like to thank Jen for making the code for me that you find on my sidebar. If you use that code, it will take people directly back to my site. Thanks again Jen!

Now onto my recipe. I found this recipe and was so excited! It is so good, even if you think cheese on a dessert does not sound good, believe me it is good. I find the Laughing Cow Cheese wedges in the deli section at Walmart.


Apple Pie Enchilada
1 medium sized apple - cored, peeled, and chopped
1 Light Laughing Cow Wedge (Swiss flavor)
1 Tortilla, whole wheat or other 1 point tortilla
Cinnamon
Splenda **optional**
Put peeled, cored, and chopped apple in a bowl and toss with Cinnamon and Splenda (if desired). Microwave for 3 minutes, or until soft. While your apple is cooking, spread your Laughing Cow cheese wedge on your tortilla. Spoon the cooked apple pieces into your tortilla. You can either just let it sit for about a minute to “melt” the cheese, or you can microwave for another 30 seconds. (I microwaved mine and I think it made the tortilla better) Fold over. Eat and enjoy!

**Note: You can also top it with 2 Tbsp Fat Free Cool Whip!

(Points will depending on the size of apple and kind of bread product you use- mine was 3 points)




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a very very simple one!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds yummy - I grew up eating cheese on apple pie, so sounds great to me!

thewwchick said...

Hope you get a few new recipes, L! Happy hump day. :)

Crunchy Green Mom - Suzanne said...

Oh.. sounds so yummo! I am gonna have to make it for my kids! Easy, I'm all about easy.

Thank you for starting this, I can't wait to go through the recipes.

Betsy said...

Yummy!!

Jen said...

This recipe sounds delicious! I LOVE the recipe you've given before for the alfredo sauce using laughing cow cheese, so I'm gonna have to try this for sure! YUMMY!

Renee said...

Your recipe sounds wonderful! I can't wait to try it!

Thanks for linking me in here. I'm sorry you had to do the research on the calories and such. I'll include that next time.

For the sorbet - you can use skim milk and any kind of frozen fruit you wish. It all works great!

Anonymous said...

this recipe does sound delicious Lorie, thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

generic finasteride propecia kidney - propecia side effects on liver