Friday, June 6, 2008

RR: Refried Beans Soup

Refried Bean Soup
1 (15 oz) can refried beans
1 can fat free chicken broth
1 (10 oz.) can Ro-tel or Mexican tomatoes
1 (15 0z) can yellow corn, drained
1/2 Tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
Pour all of the ingredients in a pot and mix up and heat through. Can serve with shredded cheese and light tortilla chips, but add points for those.
Serves 8
1 Weight Watcher Point per serving
RR: I was looking for something for lunch and this recipe came to mind that I have been wanting to try and I had all of the ingredients on hand. This was really yummy. It kind of reminded me of the Progresso Southwestern Soup. This is very filling and I served it with light tortillas and 1 tbs of part skim mozzarella cheese. You can add more taco seasoning if you like it spicier. Enjoy!

4 comments:

thewwchick said...

Yummmmmmm! Can I come over for dinner? lol

Beth said...

This sounds simple yet tasty -- perfect! I will have to let you know when I try this one.

TO BECOME said...

Hello, I am connie from Texas. I found you through Tori. I, too, am trying to lose weight.

I am so excited for you. I know that you will do it. Just keep trying.

You are welcome to visit me anytime at http;//willorway.blogspot.com.

Come over when you can. connie

Spookygirl said...

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to tell you, I made this today for my family for lunch. I added some left over shredded chicken (1pt measured out for me, LOL) and the family chowed down, my DD even asked for seconds! Thanks for a great, easy recipe. I will be making it again! And posting a link on my weightloss blog...