Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday #1

Welcome to Watchin' What We Eat Wednesday. This meme will help us share healthy recipes each week. Every other week, I will do a themed day, where you pick a recipe in a theme. Once you place your recipe on your blog, come back here and click on the Mr. Linky and put your name and in parenthesis the name of your recipe for example: Lorie (Ranch Chicken Salad). Then put the link to your recipe post. That's all there is to it. Hopefully we will all get some really good recipes to stay in our goals for weight loss or just to be healthy. Here is my recipe.
FYI- I still have the free Mr. Linky and you have to click on the graphic. I'll upgrade soon so you can see the links, but I have to get a paypal account first sorry for the inconvenience.

Ranch Chicken Salad
13 ounce can 98% fat free chicken breast (well drained)
2 tsp. Hidden Valley Ranch Dry Mix
1/3 cup Kraft Fat Free Mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Drain canned chicken breast. Place in large bowl and shred with two forks. In a separate bowl, mix mayonnaise, powdered dressing and salt and pepper. Mix until combined. Add to chicken. Serve on crackers or toasted English Muffin.

Makes 4 (1/2 cup) servings at 2 Weight Watchers Points each
Note: Points do not include crackers or muffin (I served my on 1 point for 2 pieces bread, toasted) I also served with grapes for a 4 point lunch.

Variations: Replace ranch dressing with same amount of taco seasoning. You can also add onions or celery.

Now go ahead and click on Mr. Linky to share all of your healthy recipes. Come back next week as we share healthy recipes with a fruit theme (anything to do with any kind of fruit.)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine is a sticky post, made the bread yesterday so as to take a picture! thanks 4 inviting me

Kristy said...

Hi - thanks for inviting me to join you! I just added my link, but I have a question. Shouldn't the links be visible on the post? Just checking!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I did it wrong! Sorry! I didn't put my recipe name in parentheses! I will do it right next week! ;-p

Your recipe looks YUM! And so easy! Thanks!

Betsy said...

This sounds yummy!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds yummy - I'll have it for lunch. Happy WWWEW #1 - looks like a success!

Jen said...

I'm so glad you decided to do this MEME!! I LOVE IT!!! I didn't put my recipe name in Mr. Linky either, oops! Will do that next week :)

PS I sent you an email :)

craftymom said...

Thanks for the invite! I just posted a recipe for yummy, healthy banana bread! Looking forward to seeing the others.

thewwchick said...

Lorie, I'm not sure if I listed my stuff correctly. Let me know if I screwed it up. I'm not familiar with the linky thingy. :)

Thanks for inviting me to participate!

Renee said...

Lorie, I missed this week but I'll join in next week. Your recipe sounds delicious!!

B. said...

Thanks! Recipe does sound great. I love chicken salad.

Anonymous said...

I think I will try your recipe with tuna, wonder how it will turn out...looking forward to seeing more recipes

Anonymous said...

great meme idea! Found you via the homeschool way, so glad! (The ranch chicken salad looks great, I just know DH will love it.)